FUNtastic Fiber Exhibit at CC Young with Artist Reception
Who: Dallas Area Fiber Artists (DAFA)
When: Exhibit open now through Saturday., Aug. 12 | Artist reception Saturday, Aug. 12 at 10 a.m.
Where: The Point at CC Young Senior Living
Meet the Dallas Area Fiber Artists Sat., Aug. 12 at 10 a.m. | 4847 W. Lawther Dr., Dallas, TX 75214
On-site contacts: Brian Parman and Patty Sullivan
- The Dallas Area Fiber Artists exhibition honors 53 years as an artistic community exploring new materials and techniques that push members to think beyond usual design and construction methods.
- FUNtastic Fiber Exhibit features professional-level artistic design and mastery of materials, which aims to educate the public about the vast range of fiber art techniques and highlights the many talents of DAFA’s diverse membership.
- “The FUNtastic Fiber exhibit allows CC Young residents and members of the Dallas community to experience truly unique and original art while visiting with family or strolling the garden GALLERY,” says The Point & Pavilion at CC Young Director Brian Parman
- Some of the FUNtastic Fiber pieces include the following artist works:
- “Herding Cats” – A collection of embellished 3D sheep, horse and cat sculptures made of hand-stitched sheep wool, flax ramble and silk roving by Lucia Miron
- “Fandango Ill” – A wall-mounted sculpture made of discarded books folded and manipulated on a wood surface and embellished with mixed media objects by VET
- “Daffiest DAFA Daffodils” – An ironing board with floral mosaic by Andie Comimi
- “The Ladies of DAFA” – Five whimsical hand-sewn embellished 3D cats by Lucia Miron
- Additional works by Christine Miller, Mary Ellen Sax, Ruth Callahan and others.
About the Dallas Area Fiber Artists
The purpose of Dallas Area Fiber Artists is to promote and advance fiber art through the education of its members and the public with the help of exhibitions, workshops, wearable art–style shows and educational activities. DAFA also strives to promote mutual understanding and cooperation in artistic endeavors among fiber art organizations, as well as promote mutual understanding and cooperation in artistic endeavors among art organizations in Dallas-Fort Worth. For more information, visit www.dallasfiberartists.org.
About CC Young Senior Living
For more than 100 years, CC Young has been serving senior adults. The community is nestled in the heart of East Dallas on a lush 20-acre campus across from White Rock Lake. CC Young is a forward-thinking, nonprofit Continuing Care Retirement Community with a long history of excellence. Known for stellar services, CC Young holds a 5-Star overall Quality Rating from the Centers of Medicare Services in skilled nursing care, home health, and hospice. CC Young provides opportunities for Independent Living, Assisted Living, Memory Support, Long-Term Care, Respite Care, Short-Term Rehabilitation, Aquatics and Outpatient Therapy, and Hospice General Inpatient services. The Community Services Program offers Home Healthcare, Hospice and Palliative Care, and Private Duty Care on- and off-campus. Its services are licensed in 13 counties throughout North Texas. The Vista’s opening in 2020 launched a new era of healthcare for residents and surrounding community members. Coming later, The Terraces will be the newest Independent Living residence featuring views of White Rock Lake. Additionally, The Point & Pavilion, located in the heart of the campus, offers creative, educational, recreational, fitness and spiritual opportunities for residents and the public. To schedule a tour or learn more, call 214-258-4000 or visit ccyoung.org.Go Back