Why is Wellness Important? The 7 Dimensions of Wellness
August 7, 2020 | Health
Achieving total wellness means subduing your stress levels, reducing your risk of illness and nurturing positive connections with others. Wellness can truly impact everything you do in life – from everything you feel to how you react in certain situations.
But how do you actually achieve a life of health and wellness? Is it just luck of the draw? Your personal wellness is a huge part of the foundation of your life and following the 7 dimensions of wellness can help you stay healthy and feel fulfilled in your day-to-day life.
The 7 Dimensions of Wellness
It’s not always easy to keep your stress levels low or to find time to exercise every day. However, actively incorporating the 7 dimensions of wellness into your daily routine can help you live a happier, healthier life.
- Physical Wellness promotes proper care of your body for optimal health and wellbeing. This dimension reinforces the importance of taking care of your body with exercise, proper nutrition and mental wellbeing.
- Emotional Wellness relates to understanding what you’re feeling and your ability to cope effectively with stress. Emotional wellness inspires self-care, relaxation and the ability to learn and grow from your experiences.
- Spiritual Wellness is being connected to something greater than yourself and having a set of values, beliefs, principles, morals, and ethics that give you a sense of purpose and meaning in your life.
- Intellectual Wellness encourages opening our minds to new ideas and experiences and engage in creative and mentally stimulating activities. This can be accomplished through academics, cultural involvement, community activities and personal hobbies. As you develop a high level of intellectual wellness, you’ll be motivated to try new things and continue to learn every day.
- Social Wellness encompassesthe various relationships you have and how you interact with others. When you maintain an optimal level of social wellness, you are helping yourself build healthy and nurturing relationships and create a supportive social network.
- Environmental Wellness inspires you to live a lifestyle that is respectful of your surroundings. Environmental well-being promotes interaction with nature and understanding how your daily habits affect the environment.
- Vocational Wellness is the ability to achieve a balance between work and leisure time in a way that promotes health and personal satisfaction. Being able to effectively manage both not only affects relationships, but wellness and overall success.
Enhance Your Wellness at CC Young
We know total wellness is at the core of a person’s overall wellbeing. To support and nurture this, our CC Young residents have hundreds of opportunities to actively enrich their lives and levels of wellness. Whether you’re a social butterfly or a lifelong learner, our evolving senior living community is the perfect place for you to discover the best version of yourself.
When you join the CC Young community, you can:
- Embrace your creativity and improve your intellectual wellness through our art, music and technology classes or by finding new books to read from our library
- Work on your physical wellness through our numerous fitness, aquatics and wellness programs
- Explore spiritual wellness in one of the two meditation chapels on campus or attend ecumenical worship services
- Feed your social wellness by socializing over a meal in one of our dining venues
- Attend a lecture or seminar at The Point & Pavilion and to improve your occupational and financial wellness
Take a look at the full list of amenities available to help you achieve overall wellness. Contact us today at 214-258-4000 to learn more about how we promote wellness at CC Young. Go Back