Welcome to C. C. Young – The Premier Senior Living Facility in Dallas, TX
At C. C. Young, our goal is to provide the best senior living experience in Dallas, TX.
We strive to create life-enriching experiences for our residents to celebrate life every day. Our campus is located on 20 acres near Dallas’ White Rock Lake and offers the following for seniors: Independent Living, Assisted Living, Memory Care, Skilled Nursing, In & Out-Patient Rehabilitation, Home Healthcare, Home Services, Hospice, Respite Care, and supportive dementia daytime care in our Adult Day Center.
The Vista building is currently under construction and will transform senior care in the fall of 2018 through forward-thinking design, programs and technology.
Additionally, The Point and Pavilion in the heart of our campus offers creative, educational and fitness opportunities for residents and the general public.
C. C. Young Blog
- NUTRITION NOOK - Zzzz’s…Benefits of Resting Well Caitlin Adams, RD, CSG, LD Aldersgate Village, Topeka, Kansas Sleep deprivation can lead to Cardiovascular Disease, Type 2 Diabetes, weight gain, falls, a decreased immune system and irritability. Sleep helps you to be the best version … Continue reading
- How Big is Your Footprint? - Joseph Babiarz, Chef GSS Loveland Village, Loveland, Colorado “Carbon Footprint” is a term that is being tossed around more frequently in conversations. When it comes to food, Carbon Footprint is loosely defined as a measure of the amount of greenhouse … Continue reading
- Just Listen and God will Lead You: - Reverend Wally Chappell’s Story Submitted by Deborah Gabler, Life Enrichment Director Lawther Point Health Center, C.C. Young We celebrated Rev. Wally Chappell’s accomplishment of writing and the subsequent publishing of his book When … Continue reading
- The Power of Pumpkin - Sarita Gonzales, RD GSS Bonell Community, Greeley, CO With fall just around the corner, many of us enjoy its signature dish: pumpkin. Pumpkin pie is likely the most popular and oldest pumpkin dish, but many foods and drinks containing … Continue reading
- Superfoods and Eating Well - Terry Friedman, Regional Executive Chef C.C. Young, Dallas, Texas The holidays have left us and the New Year is upon us. So what does that mean? Traditionally, we want to start the year out eating better so let’s take a … Continue reading
- Off to a Healthy Start - Lindsey Bevans, RD, CSG, LD Aldersgate Village, Topeka, Kansas A new year is upon us and people often feel like it is the best time to step back and make one (or more) lifestyle improvements. Making a New Year’s resolution … Continue reading
- German Cuisine - Brian Oldenburg Aldersgate Village, Topeka, Kansas The cuisine of Germany is far more diverse than generally recognized. Well known for humble items such as bratwurst (wursts) and inexpensive cuts of meat that are prepared as roasts such as sauerbraten (sour … Continue reading
- Fresh / Seasonal Vegetables - Christine Sprehe, MS, RD, LD Army Residence Community, San Antonio, Texas We all know that pumpkins are in season during the fall, but what other vegetables are? Many of the root vegetables (such as beets, parsnips, sweet potatoes, and … Continue reading
- Eating a Mediterranean Diet 2 - Leonard Longo, CEC, CCA Corporate Executive Chef When you think about Mediterranean food, your mind probably goes to pizza and pasta from Italy, or hummus and pita from Greece, but these dishes don’t exactly fit into any healthy dietary plans … Continue reading
- Eating a Mediterranean Diet - Stephanie Fink, MPH, RD, CSG, LD Director of Clinical & Wellness Support The Mediterranean Diet describes the eating pattern in olive producing regions bordering the Mediterranean Sea such as Greece, Italy and Spain. Studies of the Mediterranean Diet eating … Continue reading
- Fresh / Seasonal Vegetables - Shaun Miller The Commons, Enid, Oklahoma My choice on a vegetable is going to be Harvard Beets. There are many ways to prepare this item. I prefer to use fresh beets from a local vendor. The colors and freshness of … Continue reading
- C. C. Young Launches Grief Support Group For All - By Rev. Raelynn Scott, Hospice Chaplain and Bereavement Coordinator We all know that a regular part of life is dealing with the loss of loved ones. But logic doesn’t seem to make these hurts any easier, especially when someone dearly … Continue reading
- Aging Eyes - Note to Readers: In 2016, our state association for non-profit senior living and senior care facilities, called LeadingAge Texas, hosted an art and writing contest called “ArtsInspire.” This article won in the prose selection. The author, Lydia Blanchard, age 78 … Continue reading
- Observations on Life - – from a senior living community! C. C. Young, Dallas, TX As we grow older and wiser, we slowly realize that whether we wear a $300 or $30 watch, they both tell the same time. Whether we carry a $300 … Continue reading
- History of Memorial Day - The practice of decorating soldiers’ graves with flowers is an ancient custom. Soldiers’ graves were decorated in the U.S. before and during the American Civil War. A claim was made in 1906 that the first Civil War soldier’s grave ever … Continue reading